In Depth, Complementary Technical Degree Following a Bachelor’s Degree
- The Master Degree program for Applied Computer Science (Angewandte Informatik) has been discontinued as of 30.09.2017.
- From WS 2015 the new Master degree program is termed Computer Science (Informatik).
- As of WS 2016 a revised master degree curriculum is now in effect.
Building on a relevant STEM bachelor degree, the existing skillset will be refined and interconnected. A mix of compulsory lecture courses and selectable master modules allows the students to deepen their knowledge in several aspects of computer science, such as:
- Image Processing
- Geometric Computing
- High Performance Computing
- Human-Computer Interaction
- Information and TechonologyLaw
- Multimedia and Technology
- Practical Multimedia (Multimediapraxis)
It is recommended to study abroad for at least one semester. Prior to this, it is ensured that this does not increase the duration of your studies.
Another part of your studies is the creation of your master’s thesis, which can be part of an (inter-) national academic or even potentially funded industry research effort. To graduate with a master’s degree, a master’s exam must also be taken.
A relevant STEM Bachelor degree