For students on the 2016 curriculum, it is recommended to complete a career oriented internship as a “Holiday Elective Course” (Ferien Wahlfächer) over 4 weeks employed full time, which counts as 6 ECTS, see §9 .
The mandatory internship was removed from the 2013 curriculum.
Curriculum 2011 and 2012
The bachelor degree "Applied Computer Science" had a mandatory 8 week internship. (see § 8 (2011) and § 9 (2012) respectively)
The 2011 and 2012 curriculum have run out as of september 30, 2016 and therefore as of WS (winter semester) 2016/17, this type of internship can no longer be be applied.
To simplify the proceedings, one should fill out the form below, and hand it in to the Head of the Curricular Commision.
- Before the start of the internship, the intent to start an internship and the intended institution should be reported to the Head of the Curricular Commision, using the form below ( Praxisformular). This should include a short description of the tasks to be undertaken.
- After completion of the internship, the hosting institution should also sign the form for completion. Any changes in tasks should also be briefly listed.
- The form should be given to the Head of the Curricular Commision for a final confirmation.
- The internship also needs to be added to Plus-Online. The way to do this is described here.
- Finally when the application for the Bachelors Degree is submitted, the form and the confirmation from Plus-Online, along which all other relevant documents, should be handed in to the Department of Exams (Prüfungsreferat).